Cinco De Mayo is just around the corner and it is time to celebrate. To prepare for a party, we often head to the super market to buy our snacks or ingredients to wow our guests. Fresh garden salsa is the perfect snack that will have your guests begging for the recipe and inviting you (and maybe your salsa) to every gathering.
The best part? You can grow the ingredients yourself (or you can head to the super market). Frazee Gardens has a variety of ingredients you can grow to make your own fresh garden salsa!
What you can grow:
- Peppers – sweet
- Peppers – Jalapeno
- Salt & Pepper
Fresh Garden Salsa Ingredient Measurements:
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped sweet (green, red or yellow) pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons of chopped jalapeno pepper
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- About 10 minutes
How to Make Fresh Garden Salsa – 4 Easy Steps:
- Rinse and clean off all picked vegetables.
- Dice and chop all vegetables as noted in the ingredients.
- Put everything except the tomatoes into a food processor to chop a little further.
- Then add the tomatoes and “pulse” until the mixture is the texture you like. Simple!
Serve with chips, crackers etc and make sure to share the juicy deliciousness!